Thursday, November 26, 2015

How to Beat Cravings 10 Easy Tips!

How to Beat Cravings 10 Easy Tips!

We have all had cravings at one point or another, and sometimes they can be challenging to overcome. With the holidays on the way, you may be worried about social events, eating unhealthy foods, and having cravings. You are what you eat. Your body is a temple, and you should treat it with healthy foods. If you don't take care of your body, where will you live? Here are my Top 10 Tips on How to Beat Cravings:

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N53xShyVtPg[/embed]



How to Beat Cravings 10 Easy Tips!

1) Envision your outcome. Thinking about eating something is different than acting upon it! When I first went raw, I would get cravings, and I would think about HOW I would fee after eating it. I would imagine instant gratification immediately followed by sickness, stomach aches, regret, and obsession.

2) EAT MORE FRUIT! EAT FULLYRAW! Satisfy your need for carbohydrate! When you are satisfied, you won't crave anything else.

3) Exercise: it takes away your appetite, and it can distract you. It gets you focused on a positive way to get lean and in shape rather than sitting at home thinking about food. Get outside, get fresh air, and spend time in nature. It's very healing.

4) Call a friend. Use your life-lines! Get a buddy to do the same with you. Build community so that you can become stronger yourself!

5) Brush your teeth! This is a trick I tell many people. If you are tempted to eat more but know that you are pretty satisfied, I always recommend to brush your teeth because it cleanses your palate. Plus, no one likes to eat after they brush their teeth.

6) Eat earlier! Late night munching is dangerous if you aren't eating FULLYRAW. When you eat earlier, you can spend the rest of your night relaxing and doing other things.

7) Music therapy!!! Music can take your mind off of ANYTHING. It can change your mood, your emotions, and your thoughts! So put on some music that you enjoy, get dancing, start crying, enjoy that rather than thinking of food!

8) FILL YOUR HOME WITH FULLYRAW FOOD! Get rid of all of the junk food, processed food, or unhealthy foods in your home. If it's not in the house, you won't think about it! When you have raw fruits and veggies filled up in your home, you are more likely to eat those than other yucky foods!

9) Let it pass! Cravings aren't real. They are emotional and last about 10 minutes. I've heard before that cravings are merely a detox, your mind releasing them. Think about this: your body cannot crave something that it doesn't have in it. Once you start eating more fullyraw foods and your body detoxes, you will crave less "bad" foods and you will start to desire GOOD foods like fruits and veggies! Let the cravings PASS.

10) Learn your true signs of hunger and BE STRONG! I know that when I am hungry, I feel true hunger in the back of my throat, and my whole mouth with start to salivate. My body will let me know it needs fuel! My stomach will most likely be flat and empty. I leave about 5-7 hours between my meals, and I don't snack. I know when I am hungry, and I will then eat until my heart's content. I eat enough to get me to the next meal. Learn your true signs of hunger and be STRONG enough to respect and honor them!

Your body is a temple! Show it love by RESPECTING it and honoring it with GOOD FOOD. I have faith that you can, now you have to have that faith too! :)

If you're ready to beat your cravings and give these tips a try, give this video a THUMBS UP! :)
Want to keep up with me daily?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment